Polly’s Pantry – Creamy Chili Chicken Bake
by Polly Hensley and Patty Fletcher
June 16, 2021
Not long ago my daughter Polly and I enjoyed a week-long Mother’s Day visit, during which we stayed up late after the kids had gone to bed, chattering like magpies in an effort to catch up. One thing she and I loved doing during those all-night sessions was exchanging recipes.
Polly has begun contributing recipes for my online magazine The Writer’s Grapevine, so I created a column called, ‘Polly’s Pantry’. The following recipe is slated to be published in the Sizzling Summer June July Edition coming out later this month. But Since I enjoy Recovering the Self so much, I’m giving you the first bite.
Keep in mind, Polly’s got six kids ranging from fifteen years all the way down to ten months so if this recipe is beloved by her family, it’s sure to be a grand slam for yours.
Here’s Polly with all the delicious details.
Hi, my name is Polly and I love to cook. That said, having a husband, six kids, a dog, and three cats means I must have recipes which make lots of food in as little time as possible.
Here’s a recipe my family devours every time I make it. I got it from watching a video and then adding a dash or two of my style, made it my own.
Creamy Chili Chicken Bake
- A pack of boneless skinless chicken breast, I usually get the big family pack that has 6-7 breasts in it.
- A stick of butter
- 1 block of cream cheese
- One can of Rotel, or you can just use a can of green chilies.
- Seasoning of your choice. (I use salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Lawry’s seasoning, Season All, or Mrs. Dash etc.)
- A cup of shredded cheddar (or whatever kind you like)
- A couple of splashes of Worcestershire Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400
- Melt the stick of butter in a baking pan in your preheated oven.
- Trim and rinse chicken, then cut a pocket long ways in each breast. Set aside.
- Mix all other ingredients together in a bowl.
- Get melted butter pan out.
- spoon mixture into the pockets in the chicken breasts and lay breasts down in the butter in the pan.
- Season the top of the breasts with seasonings.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes depending on oven.
Mom and I would love to know if your family enjoys this recipe as much as mine, so be sure to let us know by emailing: email@example.com.
About the Authors
Patty Fletcher is a single mother with a beautiful daughter, of whom she is enormously proud. She has a great son-in-law and six beautiful grandchildren who live in New Albany Mississippi. Patty lives in Kingsport Tennessee where she works full time as a Writer with the goal of bridging the great chasm which separates the disAbled from the non-disAbled. She is Also a Social Media Marketing Assistant.
Polly Hensley works full-time as a stay-at-home mom.
Visit https://pattysworlds.com/ to learn more.