LHP Nominations for Pushcart Prize 2022
The Loving Healing Press (LHP) has announced its nominations for the Pushcart Prize 2022. There are 6 nominations for the coming Pushcart prize, but 5 nominees. How does that happen? Read on to see the list.
LHP nominations were announced on NewsBlaze over the weekend. The list of works and authors nominated by LHP for the 47th Pushcart Prize include:
- Sweta Srivastava Vikram, excerpt from A Piece of Peace
- Chris Stark, excerpt from Carnival Lights
- Nancy Daniel Wesson, excerpt from I Miss the Rain in Africa: Peace Corps as a 3rd Act
- Craig A. Brockman, “The Fairy in a Berry Can”, from P. Reader Volume 5
- Don Bodey, “How to Hunt Fox Squirrels”, from P. Reader Volume 5
- Don Bodey, “Deal Me Out”, from P. Reader Volume 5
Of the six works nominated, two are by Don Bodey. A Vietnam veteran, Bodey later became an author with his book F.N.G, earned an MFA in writing, and worked as a carpenter in Indiana (his birthplace). After a long battle with cancer, Bodey died on June 18th, 2020. His lives in this world via his written word, and his posthumous nomination for Pushcart is one example of his recognition as a writer.
Like Don Bodey, the rest of the nominees have published books with LHP and/or contributed individual pieces of writing to the journal Recovering the Self published by the press.
Visit http://www.LovingHealing.com to learn more about the press and its publications.