Facts on Low Testosterone in Women
Testosterone is also present in women. It is very important in their health because it is contributing to their overall health. Testosterone is responsible for strengthening the bones, developing the muscle mass, and increasing the energy level. It is also very important in strengthening and enhancing a woman’s libido. When it comes to sexual activities, testosterone is responsible in increasing the mood of the woman. Aside from what is mentioned above, here are the other benefits of testosterone in women:
- Improves mental alertness
- Improves the skin in a way that it blocks it from wrinkles
- Improves the condition of the heart by decreasing the risk of heart disease and diabetes
- Helps in losing weight
- Enhances younger look for women
With enough testosterone and estrogen in women, it would be easier for her to live her everyday life to the fullest. Compared to men, women need lesser amount of testosterone but it is very important for them to maintain the normal level of it in order to maintain their health.
Low testosterone is not a problem that only men can experience. It is also common in women. Low testosterone can affect aging in women. With the given benefits above, you would most likely understand how low testosterone affects the overall health of a woman. For you to understand better, here are the different symptoms that will let you know that a woman is losing great amount of testosterone in her body:
- There is an obvious decrease in the muscle mass
- There is rapid weight gain, especially on the belly part
- The skin is dry, sagging, and it loses elasticity
- Her sexual drive is low
- The energy is also decreasing
- Bone loss
These different symptoms usually come into picture when a woman reaches 40. During this time, low and unstable level of testosterone can also affect menopausal cycle. Low testosterone in women affects the way the menopause is triggered. When confronted by more stress everyday, low testosterone becomes a reason for early menopausal that may start during their 30s.
Remedies to low testosterone
Here are the things that a woman can do to maintain normal level of testosterone:
- Work on your weight. It is very important for women to have that healthy figure in order to maintain normal level of testosterone.
- Engage yourself in a regular exercise. It is very important for you to understand that exercise is very important in maintaining a fit and healthy body, therefore increasing your ability to maintain healthy testosterone level.
- Know the vitamins and minerals that are needed. There are foods that are rich in testosterone-enhancing minerals and that include oyster and green leafy vegetables. Zinc, protein, and Vitamins A and C are very important in increasing the level of testosterone.
- Stay away from stress. If you are living a stressful life every day, you are increasing the possibility for you to an imbalanced testosterone level. This is the same with men and women.
Testosterone in women is very important from a health point of view. Now that you are aware about the different facts about it, you can deal with it easily.
About the Author
Bobby Rouse works at Ageless- specializes in Low-T treatment for men. We are dedicated to help clients with low testosterone levels to lose years of age, and increase client’s performance on a day-to-day basis.