Writers! Win free editing from Dr. Bob Rich
Dr. Bob Rich has been a professional editor since 1999. In 2007, he won the now sadly defunct Editors and Preditors’ contest for best editor. Several small, independent publishers regularly send him work, and he assists a steady trickle of writers pre-submission. Rates, conditions, and testimonials from many clients are at http://bobswriting.com/editing.html
He has run two previous “free edit contests,” and is now offering this opportunity to other writers for the third time, at https://wp.me/p3Xihq-1jZ
How the contest is run
Send a 200-word synopsis of your book, plus the first 1000 words, as a single Word-compatible file (docx, doc, or rtf), attached to an email, subject ” Free edit entry.” Within the body of the email, specify:
- Your name
- Title of the book
- Word count
- Fiction or nonfiction?
- Genre (cross-genre is fine)
- and what country you live in. This is needed to edit your work according to the conventions of your version of English (e.g., US, UK, Canadian, etc.).
You get a free edit on these 1000 words, with helpful feedback. The 10 best entries are listed at Bobbing Around You need two things to be a successful author: a high-quality book, and the ability to spread the word about it. So, the second stage assesses your publicity skills. The winner will be the shortlisted entrant with the highest number of votes.
- Deadline for entries is October 15, 2018.
- Shortlist will be announced on November 1, 2018.
- Voting will close on December 23, 2018, so the winner can receive a nice Christmas present.