Loving Healing Press Announces Pushcart Nominees for 2011
Michigan, October 23, 2011 – Loving Healing Press proudly announces its six nominations for the Pushcart Prize 2011.
For nominations, material from both books and the journal Recovering the Self published by the press was considered. Engaging potential of the content, involvement with subject matter, and spontaneity of literary expression were the basic criteria on which the publications were judged. Picking best of the best from the writings published by the press in the year 2011, this year’s six nominees include:
1. Nick Purdon for “Glint” (from The Road-Shaped Heart)
2. Regina Jemison for “WOMEN WAITING: breast cancer, a story”(from Soul Clothes)
3. Mark Elswick for “Newborn to Dad–No Multitasking!” (from Padman: A Dad’s Guide to Buying…Those and Other Tales)
4. Telaina Eriksen for Dear Sprite (from Recovering the Self, Volume 3, No 2 )
5. Kristin Lieberman for Thin-Skinned (from Recovering the Self, Volume 3, No 2 )
6. Kat Fasano-Nicotera for Living Outside of the Lines (from Recovering the Self, Volume 3, No 2)
“We’re very proud to put forward these nominees to one of the oldest and most prestigious awards for small presses. The Pushcart Prize is a unique opportunity to acknowledge the contributions of short-form writing, such as poems and personal essays,” says Victor R. Volkman, Publisher at the Loving Healing Press and Senior Editor of Modern History Press.
Congrats and good luck to the all nominees!
For queries and subscription information, write to
Loving Healing Press
5145 Pontiac Trail
Ann Arbor, MI 48105-9627